I received this Chewy Coconut Granola Bars recipe from Crowdtap’s Garnier Whole Blends party and it’s absolutely perfect for me! I tweaked this recipe to make it fit my personal tastes.
First I gathered and measured out all of the ingredient I needed. Luckily I had most of them already in my pantry, but I had to go to the store for the slivered almonds and mini chocolate chips.
Next I mixed the coconut oil, honey, peanut butter and salt in a saucepan and melted it all together until combined. Gotta say, it makes such a pretty majestic swirl! Remove the saucepan from the heat and set aside.
Then in a large bowl, I added the rolled oats, shredded coconut, slivered almonds and chocolate chips. After that I added the liquid mixture and mixed until both mixtures were throughly mixed.
Next I poured the mixture into a 8 inch square baking pan lined by parchment paper. This pan will make 8 thick evenly cut bars. If you’d like your bars to be thinner and get 12 bars, use a 9-by-13 inch baking pan.) Make sure you have the whole pan covered as you’ll be lifting the bars out with it.
After I spread the bars evenly in the pan, I covered and put them in the fridge for two hours. As I waited I thought, “What could I do to make these taste even better?” Then the idea came to me, drizzle the bars with chocolate!
I added 1/4 cup of mini chocolate chips into a Ziploc bag. I thought that I could easily melt the chips with hot water, but that took too long. I then placed the bag in the microwave for 15 second intervals, squeezing the chips in between intervals until they were liquified. Once well melted, I cut a small whole in one corner of the bag.
As soon as the two hours were up, I took my nicely hardened bars out of the fridge and pulled the parchment paper up to remove them. I then cut them into 8 pieces.
I drizzled the chocolate in a zig zag motion over each bar. I then put them back in the pan to let the chocolate cool down.
These bars remind me of no-bake cookies, which are one of my favorites! I took the bars to my Garnier Whole Blends party and they were a total hit.
Chewy Coconut Granola Bars
You will need:
1/2 cup coconut oil
3/4 cup honey
1/2 cup peanut butter or almond butter
A pinch of salt
2 cups rolled oats
1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
3/4 cup of slivered almonds
1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
1/4 cup of mini chocolate chips
1 tablespoon of corn syrup
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
Substitute pecans or cashews for the almonds
1. In a medium saucepan melt together coconut oil, honey, peanut butter and salt. Stir until smooth. Remove from heat.
2. In a large bowl mix together the oats, shredded coconut, almonds and chocolate chips. Pour warm coconut oil mixture over the oats and stir together to combine.
3. Pour mixture into a parchment- lined 8 inch Baking dish and spread evenly. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
4. Before pulling the bars out of the fridge, melt 1/4 cup of chocolate chips in a Ziploc bag until evenly melted. Cut a small hole in one corner of the bag.
5. Using the parchment paper, remove bars from the dish and cut into desired amount of squares or bars.
6. Drizzle the chocolate on the bars in a zig zag motion.
7. Store bars in fridge, good for up to 2 weeks.